Stimulus Maksima! is computer aided reading education aimed at increasing the reading ability of learners and students to enable them to reach their full potential.
It provides computer aided education for toddlers, pre-schoolers and students in reading, maths, computer literacy, entrepreneurship and the International Computer Driving Licence.
1. determines the reading age of individual students;
2. develop literacy through a reading development programme;
3. provide measurable, reliable results;
4. monitor the reading training process;
5. repeat the reading training process.
The ability of people to read on an acceptable level correlates directly with their ability to perform on the standard required for academic studies and to function effectively in life.
The Stimulus Maksima! programme is equipped to determine the literacy level at starting level
- reading speed (words per minute) at 80% comprehension;
- adjust literacy levels actually achieved in real time;
- provide excercises required to advance to the next reading level.
Stimulus Maksima! provides computer aided reading training on six levels.
- Steady Start for 0-3 years
- Beginner's Booster for 4-6 years
- Ready to Read
- Reading Rocket for Grade 1 to 12 students
- Maths Muncher for mathematical education
- Business Builder for adults
The Reading Age in relation to Words per Minute at 80% comprehension should be as follows:
Year 1 - 80 w.p.m.
Year 2 - 115 w.p.m.
Year 3 - 138 w.p.m.
Year 4 - 158 w.p.m.
Year 5 - 173 w.p.m.
Year 6 - 185 w.p.m.
Year 7 - 195 w.p.m.
Year 8 - 204 w.p.m
Year 9 - 214 w.p.m.
Year 10 - 224 w.p.m.
Year 11 - 237 w.p.m.
Year 12 - 250 w.p.m.
Using Reading Rocket by Stimulus Maksima! for Grade 1 to 12 students reflects the following statistics:
* Initial testing: 0 - 5% achieved their learning age
* One year use of Reading Rocket: 12 - 18% achieved their learning age
* Two years use of Reading Rocket: 28 - 32% achieved their learning age
* Three years use of Reading Rocket: 47 - 52% achieved their learning age
* Four years use of Reading Rocket: 61 - 65% achieved their learning age
* Five years use of Reading Rocket: 75 - 78% achieved their learning age
* Six years use of Reading Rocket: more than 80% achieved their learning age
Key success factors of Stimulus Maksima! programmes:
- proper training for educators
- professional support for educators
- monitoring and delivering measurable results
- quality control and feedback
- continuous development and upgrading
- user-friendly and robust software
Capabilities of the Stimulus Maksima system:
- differentiate in detail between user, class and grade
- include a comprehensive "learn to read" series
- extensive reporting system and abilities
- teacher control functions
- all lessons can be reproduced in a manual format
- applicable to the following cases:
- learners that learn to read
- learners that need reading support
- learners with learning disabilities
- learners with a need to perform better than grade
If you want to give your child a better chance in life, contact us